Assistant Project Manager will be tasked with test environment infrastructure setup, implementation coordination and maintenance of IT Infrastructure and applications, Middleware application and Database applications. Will be responsible for coordinating with the business team, developers, technical organizations, and other affected areas to plan and implement the major infrastructure and application releases in test and production environments for customer/client applications.
Responsible for working with technical teams to develop release and deployment plans. Communicate to business partners the status of the release through the test cycle and production environments.
Working with project managers and Test Managers, responsible for ensuring successful execution of assigned projects or project scope elements. Demonstrate an ability to interface and consult with all levels of Management and interface with Customer contacts and execute the deliverable
Overall responsibility will be to ensure that the responsible IT Infrastructure environment is functioning as expected. In the event of an issue the Project manager will coordinate and schedule technical teams to troubleshoot any issues and report on the incident causing the issue. For this reason, it will also be the responsibility of the Project manager to approve all changes going into the environment to avoid change conflict. Maintaining environment up time is mission critical to the delivery of business critical projects on time
- Strong Knowledge in Microsoft Technology architecture is desired.
- Strong understanding of Mail various platforms like AIX, Solaris, OS390, AS/400 and Windows OS are required.
- Understanding of TCP/IP communication protocols
- Understanding of .Net Framework
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft web servers II 6.0 and IIS 7.0
- Strong understanding of Secure Certificates (SSL)
- Knowledge in IBM WebSphere Application servers
- Shell Script programming in UNIX/LINUX environment
- Familiarity in IT Architecture, mainly heterogeneous network
- Practical knowledge of SubVersion or other Source Control packages, preferably in Clear Case.
- Strong understanding of Software/System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Strong understanding of ITIL Service Management standard and implementation process
- Knowledge of build management tools such as CVS, Subversion or Visual Source Safe
- Candidate must be able to lead and influence others, and drive collaborative work sessions
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives all with different priorities at the same time.
- 3+ years experience in a progressive IT environment involving product release and/or change management
- 2+ years experience in project management or formal planning and scheduling activities
- 2+ years experience in basic troubleshooting and problem resolution with software/system deployments
- 2+ years of IT project coordination experience with a track record of on-time and within budget delivery
- Excellent Written and Verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship and communication skills
- Experience in utilizing project management methodologies, best practices and processes
- Experience Managing and Driving resolution relative to Action Items, Issues, Risks, Dependencies, and Escalations
If you are interested, please send your resume to CalSoft Corp, Attn: HR, 11501 Dublin Blvd, Ste#200, Dublin, CA 94568